QR codes for CANsmart install help
You can include these in emails for guiding customers on CANsmart installations and complete troubleshooting.
Hex YouTube video of troubleshooting steps;
Here is a QR code you can scan with your phone camera that will take you to a nice set of overview links to help you become a pro with the CANsmart.
A nice reference to save in your phone for while on the road.
11702 Install notes;
11602 install notes;
12300 install notes;
1300 Install notes;
11802 install notes;
11902 install notes;
- Can you please confirm that you have the most up to date Denali CANsmart/Hex ezCAN Software installed in the unit? (insert Software version here - example v2108.3 - 8/25/2021)
- Check the LED indicator light on the CANsmart, if the indicator light is flashing red than a fuse has been tripped and value needs to be increased, or there may be an issue with the Controller itself. Is your CANsmart flashing Green or Red, or no flash at all?
- IF there are Software Update issues: Can you tell us if you have McAfee Firewall product/s installed on the computer you are using? IF you do please be sure the Settings are not blocking the ability for a Software Update.
- Also IF there are Software Update issues: Can you please confirm you have tried to update the Software through more than one USB port on the computer you are using? Sometimes certain USB ports are the culprit.
- IF Necessary - Can you please send us a Sales Receipts for the Denali CANsmart Controller if you have one available, OR if the Customer has in their possession/records? If you do not, please send us the CANsmart Model and Serial Number.
- Ignition off
- Remove fuse from CANsmart battery wire
- Disconnect CANsmart from CAN bus connector
- Wait a short while (10 minutes to be sure there is ample time)
- Download newest software if not already done (repeat above Software Version).
- Plug USB into CANsmart using either the supplied USB cable or a different DATA USB cable. This will prompt to update software if not already done.
- Test CANsmart and Accessories
- A Software Restore can also be suggested after all these steps if necessary for the CANsmart/ezCAN.