Installing a SoundBomb on the Neutrino Power Distribution Module
General Installation Information
a. The SoundBomb (Compact or Split) must be connected to Circuit 2 of the Neutrino, as this is the only circuit with a high enough rating for the horn (20A)
b. If Neutrino is used to directly high power (without a relay) horns, it is necessary to protect the Neutrino from back current/voltage by installing a diode at the terminal being used for this device. The correct diode to use is a BYV27 diode (which Neutrino can supply). The black band side of the diode is connected to the hot terminal and the other side to a ground terminal. The black band side should be insulated with heat shrink tubing. Note: Neutrino Element and Aurora PLUS include built in reverse current protection diodes so the addition of diodes for reverse current protection is not necessary with these units.
c. Starting from left to right on the Neutrino there are 10 terminals. The terminals that will be used for this installation are going to be Terminal 2 (Relay Input), Terminal 8 (Circuit 2) and Terminal 10 (Ground).
1. From Terminal 2 (Relay Input) run a wire to the positive wire of the factory horn.
2. From Terminal 8 (Circuit 2) run a wire (16 AWG minimum) to the positive terminal of the SoundBomb Horn.
3. From Terminal 10 (Ground) run a wire (16 AWG minimum) to the negative terminal of the SoundBomb Horn.
4. As stated in the General Installation Information section above (b), you need to connect a diode between the positive and negative terminals to prevent any possible back current/voltage to the Neutrino. (see Diode Installation Instructions located in the References section below) Note: Neutrino Element and Aurora PLUS include built in reverse current protection diodes so the addition of diodes for reverse current protection is not necessary with these units.
5. Launch the Neutrino App on your phone and connect to the device.
6. Select Circuit 6 and make the following settings. (Setting locations vary based on device type, below instructions reference the Neutrino Element)
6a. Circuit Memory = OFF
6b. Circuit Behavior = Momentary
6c. (Tap the gear icon) Relay Controlled = ON (see Relay Input Video located in the References section below)
6d. Scroll the first panel to = 12v
6e. Scroll the second panel to = 100%
6f. Scroll the third panel to set how long the horn stays activated after pressing the horn button, I recommend the 100ms setting.
6g. (Tap the circuit name) Rename the circuit to "Horn" for easy reference in the future.
6h. Set the circuit breaker setting to 19A (20A cannot be used as it has a slow start up feature built in)
Test the installation to make sure everything is working as expected.
Neutrino Black Box Manual: https://ea70cb4d-f6e1-4b8a-a4d4-57ade19f8475.filesusr.com/ugd/d44451_cb2a86110cff4724a1d895fe626e54b6.pdf
Diode Installation Instructions: https://ea70cb4d-f6e1-4b8a-a4d4-57ade19f8475.filesusr.com/ugd/d44451_cb2a86110cff4724a1d895fe626e54b6.pdf